We’re always looking for easy, healthy snacks to have on hand around here. And if it’s quick to prepare, doesn’t require a lot of clean-up, and is made with minimal ingredients we probably already have on hand… win-win-win. This week I tested out a new energy ball recipe that checks all of those boxes, AND is super tasty, AND gives you a little boost of protein. So I knew I had to share it with you.
These guys only require five ingredients and one food processor. They took me about ten minutes to make from start to finish. And you could easily double this recipe if you’re making them for a large family or want them to last longer than the… ahem… four days they lasted in our house. They’re packed with healthy fats, nutrient-dense hemp and chia seeds, and have a full eight grams of protein per ball (more protein than is in one egg!).
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. I have a feeling these are going to become a weekly staple in our house.Print
Peanut Butter Protein Energy Balls
These energy balls could not be easier or more simple to make. Five ingredients, only about five minutes worth of prep time, and you have a great, healthy, portable snack for the week.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (the only ingredients should be peanuts and salt)
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- 2/3 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons protein powder of choice (vanilla, chocolate, or another flavor)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, and blend on high until you’ve reached a thick, dough-like texture.
- Roll into equal-sized balls.
- Store in the refrigerate or freezer until you’re ready to eat them – and enjoy!
Keywords: high protein snacks, high protein energy balls, energy balls, no bake energy balls, peanut butter energy balls, peanut butter protein energy balls