Burger nights quickly became a favorite this Summer. I love making lean ground beef burgers, turkey burgers, and chicken burgers with all different kinds of toppings – and usually some sort of potato wedge on the side. (Maybe a good cocktail, too!) We don’t have an outdoor space (something we’ve been sorely missing during COVID), but this meal feels like it should be enjoyed outside on a great patio.
Salmon burgers were a new addition to the arsenal this year, and I’m really proud to have perfected this recipe. We’ve made these again and again, and I think they’d be a big hit for a crowd, as well.
I love making my burgers from scratch because I can pack it with all kinds fresh herbs, spices, and healthy add-ins for extra punch. So much tastier and more flavorful than store-bought!
I use almond flour and an egg to bind my burgers, instead of breadcrumbs, and I use lots of freshly-chopped parsley for color and pep.
If you give these a try, let me know how you like them! I’m already drooling looking back at these photos, and can’t wait to make them again!Print
My Perfect Salmon Burgers
Easy, suuuper flavorful, and healthy salmon burgers. These will turn you off of store-bought forever!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin and pin bones removed
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Using a large, sharp knife, remove the skin from the salmon and discard. Finely chop the salmon flesh (the finer the better), and toss into a large mixing bowl.
- Add almond flour, egg, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until just combined.
- Optional: Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and let set in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Form mixture into four large patties, place on baking sheet, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Flip your patties halfway through.
- Let patties cool, then serve and enjoy! We love topping with an avocado oil aioli, pickles, and/or a slice of vegan cheddar. But the possibilities are endless.
Keywords: burgers, healthy burger recipes, salmon burgers, salmon burger recipe