Do you have a big running goal? To set a new PR, qualify for Boston, run a sub-3:00, 4:00, or 5:00 marathon?
Or are you a completely new runner who doesn’t know where to start or how to train intelligently?
Are you pregnant or recently postpartum and looking to run through your pregnancy as strong as possible, or return to running safely after having a baby?
Don’t go at it alone. Hire a certified running coach.
As adults who run because we are passionate about it (and not because it is our full-time jobs), we put a lot of work into fitting running around our busy lives. And if you’re already making that commitment and investing your precious time, why not do it the right way? Don’t make training a guessing game, and don’t get caught up in the Instagram-comparison trap of thinking you have to train a certain way to get ‘fast’.
Hire a running coach and let us create a training program that is evidence-based, built upon scientific principles, and most importantly, that is built just for YOU.
1:1 Run Coaching
I believe that no two runners are the same and that there are many different paths to success in distance running.
I’ll work with you to start where you are, and help you to reach your goals one step at a time. Getting to know my clients, building a relationship with them, and providing them with lots of support and communication along the way is extremely important to me and something I’m proud to say I specialize in.
What you receive with coaching:
- A free consult call via phone or video to learn more about you, see if we’re a good fit, and answer any questions you may have
- A thorough intake assessment so I learn more about you as not just a runner, but a whole person
- A welcome guide – which includes warm-up and cool-down routines, a list of running terms, advice on how to combine running and strength training if that’s something you choose, fueling guidance, and more
- Training that’s completely customized to YOU, your starting point, goals, and work/life schedule. This includes recommended paces for all your runs, workouts, and races.
- A shared training calendar that syncs up with your GPS watch (if you have one… however this is not required!), and where you and I can discuss run feedback
- A 50% off discount on all CMD strength programs
- An educational weekly team newsletter – helping you to become a smarter, more confident runner
- Quarterly Zoom trainings from a variety of experts in the field – from PTs, to sports RDs, to sports psychologists, and more
- Support, encouragement, enthusiasm – always having someone in your corner to guide you and who is rooting for you.
The 2 different tiers of coaching I offer are below. I am currently waitlist-only for new 1:1 coaching clients, but fill out an application below and I will keep you updated as new spots open up.
$169/mo for 6 months. $149/mo for 12 months.
- Training uploaded 1-2 weeks at a time
- Feedback given on training logs weekly
- Unlimited e-mail access to me
- A strategy phone call before all goal races, and e-mail before all secondary races
$199/mo for 6 months. $179/mo for 12 months.
- Training uploaded 1-2 weeks at a time
- Feedback given on training logs 3x/week
- Unlimited text and e-mail access to me
- Monthly check-in call
- A strategy call before all goal races; e-mail before secondary races
Long gone are the days where runners are told that to get better at running, you just have to run more. Run more without a basic strength foundation and you’re probably going to get injured. The sport of running unfortunately has a very high injury rate, but it doesn’t need to! Many running injuries are preventable through smart training and proactive strength training – making sure your muscles, tendons, and bones can support a high-impact activity and lots of repetitive stress.
On top of preventing injury, strength training has SO many other incredible benefits… it can make you a more powerful, explosive athlete, it can help give you a better kick at the end of races, it helps build bone and muscle (two things we lose as we age), it can help improve coordination and balance, and it’s protective against all-causes mortality.
I’ve created three strength programs for runners, each one tailored to your starting ability and what phase of training you’re in.
Not in need of 3+ months of coaching, but have questions, feel stuck, or need an expert to look at your training? Let’s grab a (virtual) cup of coffee and chat! You can book a one-hour Zoom consult with me where we discuss any and everything you’d like, including but not limited to:
- Run training
- Goal setting
- Race-day strategy
- Shoes, nutrition, hydration, gear
- Strength training
- Strength training form analysis
- Pregnancy or postpartum return-to-running
After our call, I follow up within 48 hours with a recap of what we talked about, next steps for you to work on, and recommended resources as needed.