Burgers are a regular staple in our house. Turkey burgers, chicken burgers, lamb burgers, salmon burgers, veggie burgers, lean ground beef burgers… we love ’em all. I’m always looking for ways to mix up burger night – either through new side dishes, toppings, or what I mix into the burgers themselves. These Mediterranean stuffed turkey burgers were a recent creation, and they were so tasty I knew I had to get the recipe on the blog!
I love stuffing them with a soft cheese – feta if not dairy-free, or cashew cheese if dairy-free (like me). Then they’re packed with veggies and fresh herbs from chopped bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, and parsley… and seasoned with minced garlic and Italian seasoning. Just really bursting with great flavor. I like topping them with hummus to keep with the Mediterranean theme. But you can add whatever you’d like! Gluten-free people… if you’re looking for a great burger bun, Modern Bread & Bagel (they’re based in New York but offer nation-wide shipping) makes the best gluten-free brioche buns. I buy a few packs at a time and line the freezer!Print
Mediterranean Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Not your average turkey burger… these are stuffed with veggies, herbs, delicious seasoning, and your choice of feta or cashew cheese (the latter will make it dairy-free).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Mains
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta, or soft cashew cheese (I love Treeline’s Garlic and Herb Cashew Cheese to make it dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If using feta, crumble into chunks before adding. If using cashew cheese, use a spoon to dot into the mixture in large clumps. Use your hands to combine, and form into 4 evenly-sized patties.
- Heat a griddle or cast-iron pan over medium heat. Drizzle lightly with olive or avocado oil. Once hot, add the burgers and cook 5-7 minutes on each side, or until browned on the outside and fully cooked through on the inside. Alternatively, you can also cook these in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 400º F.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: healthy turkey burgers, healthy stuffed turkey burgers, mediterranean turkey burgers, mediterranean stuffed turkey burgers, turkey burger recipes