A month or two ago I made a commitment to a weekly Crockpot night per week. Less than 30 minutes of prep in the morning or during the day, and dinner is ready (and hot!) right when you want it at night. No fuss or hassle, and no worry about cooking.
As the weather starts to get cooler, we’re especially gravitating towards lots of Crockpot soups, stews, and chilis. A recent favorite I’ve perfected – Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Chili! It’s insanely tasty, filling, made with good-for-you ingredients, and it’s actually one of the quickest Crockpot recipes I have. The only ‘work’ is taking 10 minutes to brown your meat. Everything else is dump and go. We love serving it with a hunk of crusty bread, garlic bread, cornbread, or whole grain crackers and a side salad for a complete meal. This chili makes a great easy weeknight meal – and I also think it would be great for Sunday game days in the Fall.
If you’re looking for a new Crockpot meal to add to your rotation, you have to give this one a try.Print
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Chili
This stupid-easy Buffalo Chicken Chili recipe is quickly becoming our family’s favorite this Fall. It’s healthy, tasty, doesn’t require a lot of ingredients – and means dinner is hot and ready when you want it. It’s also great for football weekends!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 15-ounce can white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn (frozen fire-roasted corn will add even more flavor)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, depending on your spice tolerance
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces of light cream cheese, or vegan cream cheese (I’m dairy-free and love Kite Hill’s vegan cream cheese)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once warm, add ground chicken and brown until fully cooked through.
- Add cooked chicken, navy beans, tomatoes, corn, chicken broth, buffalo sauce, and spices to the Crockpot. Stir to combine. Add block of cream cheese on top, then cover with lid.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours.
- Once done, stir again to combine. Taste, and see if you want to add any more buffalo sauce.
Keywords: healthy crockpot chili, healthy buffalo chicken chili, healthy crockpot buffalo chicken chili, buffalo chicken chili, healthy crockpot recipes, healthy slow cooker recipes, slow cooker buffalo chicken chili